Week of Beauty Products (2): Shielding Lotion

What is it? Skin MD Shielding Lotion "is far more effective as a dry skin treatment than conventional moisturizing lotions or protective creams. If you suffer from dry skin, you know that just using a moisturizing lotion does not solve the problem. A shielding lotion does much more than just treat dry skin – it is a new kind of skin care product that makes a real difference to all skin types.

Skin MD Natural is promptly absorbed, without the slightest hint of any greasy or oily feeling or residue, transforming the outer layer of skin into a hydrating invisible shield." Available online for less than $20 a bottle (I saw it as high as $18 and as low as $10--shop around).

What did you think? At first I was nervous about using a product designed for "face, hands, and body" on my face. I was scared that it would be too heavy. I was gladly mistaken.

My husband uses this product every day (I've used it occasionally), so his review of the product was important to me. He says the product absorbs easily into his skin. He doesn't feel greasy--or, as he puts it, "sweaty,"--after applying it. He says the dry patches on his skin are minimized after using it, so it does exactly what a moisturizer is meant to do.

Another plus is that it's fragrance-free and it is not tested on animals.

I found that I had a hard time figuring out how much of the product to use at first. It seemed that when I applied the product, I had too much on my skin. But after a few minutes, my skin seemed to have sucked up the moisturizer and felt a bit tight--a bit in need of more moisturizer. (I don't need to point out that my husband and I have different skin types!) After a few days of using it, I figured out how much to use...problem solved.

The final verdict? I really do like the fact that this can be used on all skin--face, hands, body, etc. I'm a fan of a multi-tasker, so I say give this one a try!

Blog Archive