Week of Beauty Products (1): One Essential


What is it? Dior's Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Serum is Dior's "most advanced, scientifically proven skincare to help maximize the results of all age-defying skincare routines. One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum helps to detoxify skin cells to powerfully correct all visible signs of aging and renew skin's youthful appearance. Applied before any other skincare products, One Essential boosts their effectiveness and extends the benefits over time. The skin regains its vitality, becomes more luminous, smoother and visibly younger-looking." Available where Dior skincare products are found (high-end department stores like Nordstrom's) for $95.

What did you think? Let me first say that I did not pay for this product. I received a sample from the Dior folks and have been using the product for about a month. $95 is a lot of money...I am very much aware of that.

I used this product twice a day--morning and night--before using any of my other products. It goes on lightly and has a pleasant, delicate scent. I only used a small amount of the product each time, and it absorbed well into my skin. I didn't feel like I was over-moisturized or greasy feeling.

My skin seemed smoother and more balanced after this product. I don't have tons of wrinkles yet (emphasis on the yet!) but I did notice that my areas of concern (I have a crease above my nose, and my eyes and mouth area are always a concern!) seemed smoother, tighter.

The final verdict? I think I need to continue to use the product to fully get the benefit. I do like the product, but I really don't like the idea of spending $95 on one skin product. It's effective, it's a pleasure to use, but I do think it's cost prohibitive.

Blog Archive