Lip Brushes-- Sacha Cosmetics -- Good & Cheap!

Since my last post was about Tendertones, I wanted to mention the lip brush I used to applied them.

Just last year I realized (it was about time, ey!) that you need good makeup tools to achieve a great "look". I always look around for good brushes. I've been able to collect and use those fave MAC Brushes. One day I'll post about that -- just for the fun of it, of course there are already many blogs and websites where you can read about them and watch pics. At the present, I continue to buy MAC, but also other HE and/or DS and I really don't care as long they provide a good performance. I've had a few good surprises.

One of them was the Sacha Cosmetics B9 Oval Lip Brush. Here is the description:
Price -- Around $5.00 at Walmart. I can't remember well, I've had it for quite some time now.
Measurements -- About 6.625 in. long (almost 17 cm) including the bristles, 1/4 in. (0.635 cm) wide.
Material -- Bristles are orange and made of synthetic material. Handle made of wood, natural color.

Pros: I have to tell you, this is my fave lip brush. It applies lip products really great and evenly. It is similar to the MAC 194 Concealer Brush (yep, I've used it on my lips, to stiff for concealer). I haven't tried the MAC lip brushes because I think I don't really need to. This one works wonderfully. Then again, this may not work in smaller lips.

Cons: Rather large to keep it in your purse. Also, I have only found this brush at Walmart -- they have a good selection of Sacha brushes.

So when I travel, I still use the lip brush made by Bettina, but I don't really like it, I think I really will get the MAC one. The Bettina Lip Brush has a nice handle and cap, but it is messy. The bristles are terrible. It was the first travel lip brush I got a long time ago and for some reason I have not changed it . I am posting photos of it, so you can see the difference.
Here are some pictures of course.

**Click on them to see bigger HQ versions**

Sacha Cosmetics Lip Brush:




Close detail:




Size comparison. A USD Quarter = almost 1 in.


Bettina Lip Brush:






Sorry Bettina, you're to "hairy" for my taste. That's all I'm gonna say. LOL.

So there you go with a good cheap brush. Any questions let me know. Later!


Vivan, RĂ­an y Amen!
(Live, Love & Laugh!)

Blog Archive