Non-Messy Minerals?

I made the switch to mineral makeup when I started this blog, two years ago. I love the coverage mineral makeup gives me and I like the way it feels. It doesn't cling to my skin...it feels light and like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.

The one downside of minerals? They're messy! Because they have to be kept level (otherwise they spill out), my mineral makeup has to sit on my vanity and cannot be haphazardly tossed into my makeup bag. When it's time to go on vacation, I have to carefully pack away my minerals and hope that any inevitable spills will be contained so I don't lose any precious product.

I'm not the only one who must complain about the mineral makeup mess factor. There's a new and rather innovative tool on the market called the SOIE Cosmetics Pump Brush. For $29.00, this very cool mineral product holding brush allows you to take your mineral makeup with you without the mess. The brush has a clear refillable barrel to deliver mineral makeup to the head of a soft, buffing-style brush head.

To fill your pump brush, you'll need a bottle of SOIE Cosmetics Luxe Teint ($24). Luxe Teint was created to flawlessly accentuate your natural skin tone. It's a loose powder that, when used with the pump brush, is a snap to apply. And it won't get all over everything like traditional mineral makeup. Luxe Teint feels very light and doesn't leave you looking like you're wearing a makeup mask.

I love that someone has created a solution to a problem I experience every time I buff on my minerals. The pump brush is extremely practical and fun to use. My husband was intrigued by it and volunteered to fill it for me. Something about guys and gadgets I suppose. If you're a mineral makeup fan, do yourself a favor and look into this product.

Blog Archive