Quick Drying Nail Polish?

While I'm a pedicure fan and try to get one a month, I never get a manicure. I am way too hard on my fingernails, and I also feel that I am able to handle painting my fingertips at home.

One down side of doing a home manicure is that it takes forever for nail polish to dry. You have to paint on the base coat and wait, the first nail color coat and wait, the second nail color coat and wait, and finally the top coat and...yes, wait! And if you don't wait, you end up with a messed up manicure. The whole process can take an hour or longer, and I don't know about you, but I just don't have that kind of time.

If you're a busy person but still want to give yourself a lovely manicure, there's a new nail system on the market that just might be worth checking out. It is called Dazzle Dry, and it can be used on both natural and acrylic nails. It doesn't contain any nasty things like toluene, formaldehyde, or phthalates. Also, Dazzle Dry products don't have the ingredients that often cause yellowing or color-shifting in other nail lacquers.

Here's how the system works:
  1. Make sure nails are clean and do not contain any residual nail color.
  2. Apply the Dazzle Dry Nail Prep on each nail with a cotton ball, being sure to get the entire surface of your nails covered.
  3. Apply a generous coat of Dazzle Dry Base Coat on each nail and allow 1 to 2 minutes for this coat to dry.
  4. Paint on a generous layer of Dazzle Dry Nail Lacquer. If you apply the lacquer correctly, you will not need a second coat. If you feel you need a second, coat, go ahead and apply it once you have the first coat finished.
  5. Apply the Dazzle Dry Top Coat to each nail.
  6. Wait 1-2 minutes before touching your nails.
  7. Wait 5-10 minutes before doing returning to normal activities (like digging in your purse).
I tried out this system over the weekend, and it was a snap to use. I couldn't believe how fast my polish dried! From start to finish, I think the entire process took about 15 minutes, with an additional 5 minutes for drying.

To put this system to the test, I ran my freshly painted nails through my hair and even washed my hands vigorously after a few minutes of drying. The polish didn't budge and I didn't mess it up at all. I was very impressed!

If you're looking for a quick-drying polish, give Dazzle Dry a try!

Blog Archive