False Eyelashes: my experiments & results

I think I'm getting better with the whole false-eye-lashes thing and applying all that. =D I am not putting on falsies for the length, but mostly for volume. I am happy with the length of my natural eye lashes. That's all right for everyday looks. BUT I DO like some eyelashes that are really long and dramatic, they look so cool. Great for a night of clubbing or party, great way to dazzle everybody with your eyes, LOL.

I have learned that the trick for a near-perfect falsies application is letting the glue get sticky or tacky. REALLY sticky or tacky. I know, I know, everybody says so and that's what I was doing, but I always ended up doing a mess anyway. Until I waited for a minute instead the "30 secs". Then it worked. I am pretty sure it has to do with the humidity here on PR. Also, I have been working on the placement. I'm getting better at placing them as near to my lash line as possible. But it does requires practice practice practice.

Believe me, for me putting on falsies with satisfactory results is a HUGE achievement. I was so frustrated! What was the reason of my obsession with them? Easy. I couldn't do it. And I wanted to. It's like when someone tells you "you can't have this" or "you will never do this right" and you think "...you'll see, I'll show you what I can do". That's why. Hehe. And I will keep trying to perfect the application. Besides, for me it is therapeutic and fun.


Below are some pics that I've taken while experimenting. Enjoy.

Results with Strip Eyelashes:

I find that the Salon Perfect #53 strip eyelashes (sold at Walmart) are perfect for me. They cover about 2/3 parts of my natural lash line, are very lightweight and after applying them I almost don't feel them. I apply them from the outer corner to the inner corner direction. I like that since they don't reach the most inner part of the lash line, the look is more natural. It look like the lashes get fuller and larger toward the end.

I apply this eyelashes after finishing the eyemakeup, before putting on my mascara.


CLOSE-UP (Click on the photo):



My makeup:
MAC Ricepaper+Swiss Chocolate
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner--Black
Covergirl LashBlast Mascara in Very Black
MAC Blush--Peaches
Revlon Lipstick--Peach me
MAC Lustreglass--Love Nectar


Results with Strip Eyelashes:
I have also tried with individual lashes and WOW! If you are looking for a fuller-voluminous-Va-va-voom! look, this is it. Best of all, I don't feel them!! (...which can be bad because I almost forgot to take them off one night!). I am using the Andrea Perma-Lashes in Short and Medium Flair, both in black.

NOTE: I found out it is important to use a clear individual lashes glue. You dip the cluster in the glue and place them right away. The first mistake I did was applying them with my Duo Clear Eyelashes glue, because it "dries clear". This glue doesn't work for individual lashes. I am posting close-up photos, no makeup on the eyes. Of course in some of them you'll get to see the glue because yeah, it is a close-up, lol. But in the finished look, makeup and everything, no one will notice, I assure you. My mom was amazed at how natural the lashes look.

I apply this eyelashes before doing my whole eye makeup.



My natural lashes:

Andrea Perma-Lash: Medium Flair-Black





I love how they look. heart Pictures, Images and Photos



Well, what do you think about my falsies? Let me know!!! Be honest...



L8R!


¡Vivan, Amen y RĂ­an!
(Live, Love & Laugh!)

Blog Archive