White Sands for Shiny Hair

Since the middle of November, I've been doing in-depth hair care research: I switched from using my normal products (see my earlier posts here and here) and have been using White Sands products almost exclusively. And you know what? My hair has been super shiny thanks to White Sands.

Never heard of White Sands? Well, here's a little background on the company (from their website):

White Sands products use cutting-edge science with natural botanicals that make each formula dynamic and unique. White Sands formulas use ingredients that create heat shields, which behave like a second skin.

As the shield protects your hair from UV rays and thermal stress the hair is allowed to breathe. White Sands products supply ultimate protection with a moisture balance that offers lasting hold and resists humidity.

White Sands blends natural botanicals, such as Heliogenol, lemon grass, and chamomile, that provide hair color protection and color enhancement. These high-performance formulas transform hair into beautiful, flawless hair.

The White Sands line of Beauty Products are the best kept secret in the beauty business. Designed by master-stylist Fernando Salas, White Sands styling aids offer weightless, long-lasting hold that won't dry out your hair. White Sands' nourishing shampoos and conditioners keep your hair healthy and looking beautiful.

And here's what I think of their products:

Volumizing and Color Secure Nourishing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner: these products are designed to be safe for colored hair while providing increased volume and healthy, clean hair. Together, the shampoo and conditioner left my hair shiny and easy to manage. After my shower, my wet hair was less tangled than with other hair products. Sure, I missed the wonderful scent and lather of Pantene, but the shampoo and conditioner were decent products.

Designer Gel (firm hold): I haven't used a gel in ages. I took the advice on the back of the bottle and applied it mostly to the roots of my hair. After a blow dry and style, my hair seemed to have more volume and was less fly-away. Bonus points: the gel didn't flake off after a few hours of wear like some lesser products do. Overall, a very good hair styling product!

Porosity The Fix: according to their website, White Sands calls Porosity make-up for hair. If you color or bleach your hair then you know the hair has variations of dryness and texture. Porosity works like a foundation or a concealer to temporarily fill the blemishes in every strand and create the impression of illuminating, flawless hair. I sprayed this product on my wet hair after showering. The results? My hair was shiny and extraordinarily healthy looking. Good stuff!

If you're in the market for products that will leave your hair shiny, manageable, and radiantly healthy, give White Sands a try. Visit their website for ordering info.

Blog Archive