Beauty Product of the Week: Colossal Volum'Express

What is it? Maybelline The Colossal Volum'Express mascara gives you, "9x the volume in one coat with no clumps. Contains collagen. Ophthalmologist tested, contact lens safe. The MegaBrush instantly zooms on 9x the volume in one stroke, without clumps." Available at drugstores and big box stores for less than $6.

What did you think? If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you no doubt know that I love mascara...and that I try out a lot of mascaras from every price range. I must say, when it comes to mascara, Maybelline cannot be beat.

Colossal Volum'Express is a very decent product. I like the full brush--it makes mascara application quick and easy. With one coat, my lashes are longer and thicker and perfect for a day look. For night, two coats do the trick and result in almost fake-looking lashes.

With the economy the way it currently is, Colossal Volum'Express is the perfect price. Even though it's a drugstore brand product, this mascara can go head-to-head (or would that be brush-to-brush?) with the pricier "prestige" mascaras.

Other things I like: the bright yellow tube stands out in my cluttered, over-stuffed makeup bag so it's easy to find. Also, unlike some mascaras, this one doesn't have that nasty inky/tarry smell...and that's a good thing.

The final verdict? Yet another decent mascara offering from Maybelline! This is an affordable, effective mascara that is perfect for every day use. What's not to like?

Blog Archive