The Nature of Beautiful Hair

It's no secret that I am a fan of Pantene. I have used their products for years and have always had great results, so I was excited to try out their new line of Nature Fusion shampoos and conditioners. If you're constantly fighting frizz or need to balance out the moisture in your hair, you'll want to try out these two new lines:
SMOOTH VITALITY
What Pantene says about it: "Fight frizz for a smooth, silky feel. The new Smooth Vitality Collection, with a blend of cassia, avocado, bamboo and grapeseed, transforms frizzy hair into smooth, sleek style."

What I say: I had my husband try out Smooth Vitality. He has very long, very beautiful hair. However, he tends to have a problem with frizz. I got him to use a frizz-taming serum every day--what he refers to as his "product"--but he hates to go through an extra step.
Bold
He switched from his usual Head and Shoulders and liked the Pantene. He said he liked the smell of the Smooth Vitality products and that his hair didn't seem as frizzy. A big bonus for him was that he didn't have to use his "product." His hair has been looking shiny and healthy, so I think Smooth Vitality is a winner for him.
MOISTURE BALANCE
What Pantene says about it: "This shampoo and conditioner system moisturizes hair for touchable softness. The new Moisture Balance Collection with a blend of cassia, ginger, calendula and aloe vera, helps to strengthen and protect hair against damage while leaving it naturally radiant."

What I say: I thought I'd give this one a try since I have highlighted hair that I blow dry every day. Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner gave me everything I love about Pantene--a decent scent and exceptional lather. My hair feels soft and looks shiny and well conditioned. I like that the products are also protecting my locks against any further damage that I may be putting my hair through.

Both the Smooth Vitality and Moisture Balance line of products are available everywhere Pantene products are sold.

And if you're scared to use Pantene products because you think they're bad for your hair, get over it. Let me do a little myth debunking:

MYTH:
PANTENE PRO-V LEAVES BEHIND A LAYER OF WAX ON YOUR HAIR AND CREATES A WAXY BUILD-UP OVER TIME.

FACTS:
  1. Pantene Shampoos and Conditioners do not contain wax. Although Pantene has unique and proprietary ingredients based on recent technological advances, the classes of ingredients (silicones, fatty alcohols, cationic polymers and cationic surfactants) are used consistently across the hair care industry.
  2. Pantene Shampoo and Conditioners do leave behind conditioning ingredients (such as coacervate conditioning complexes, liquid crystals, and terminal amino silicones) for healthy hair benefits such as moisturization, damage protection and shine. Pantene shampoos and conditioners are designed to work together, depositing conditioning ingredients that will wash out of the hair with the next shampoo.
  3. When women feel they have build-up from their shampoos and conditioners, it is often a sign that the products they are using are too heavy for their hair, and they may be more satisfied with a lower conditioning version.
And there you have it!

Blog Archive