1st time BACK-TO-MAC! PLUS Swatches

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, last week I took a mini break with my husband. We spent almost 5 days completely alone and it was good! Photobucket LOL

Anyway, last Thurday I went to my nearest MAC free standing store to participate, for the first time, in the BACK-TO-MAC recycling program. It consists of returning 6 empty containers (those identified by MAC as returnables) and you get a free lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow of your choice as a "thank you". Learn more about this program by clicking HERE. Please note, if you return your empty pots or containers to a MAC counter at Macy's or MACCosmeticsOnline, you will only get to choose a lipstick. So yes, it's better to go to the store if you have the chance.

Now, incredibly, I have read many people saying the program is a hoax, a way of MAC to keep people buying their products, etc... Well, of course the company benefits from it. For me (and I know many others who love their products) it is a good choice. I know the packaging containers are recycled and I get an incentive to keep doing it. Really, why complaining about it? I disagree a little when MAC states they are giving you a free product, when in reality, you paid good money for 6 of them. But come on! They could just say no, no way we are giving you free stuff.

That said, what did I get? Well, I returned 12 containers (mostly depoted e/s or blushes) and I got to choose 2 goodies. I got Gesso E/S and Nymphette lipglass, two products I've been wanting for a while now. Also, I bought a new bottle of Cleanse-Off Oil (best makeup remover ever!) and "Texture" e/s.

I also asked for samples of Select SPF15 Foundation (NC35) and the new Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation (got 2: one in NC35 and the other in NC37).

Here are swatches of all the products, reviews will be posted as I test them. If you want to read a review of anything in particular first, just let me know.


QUICK DESCRIPTION ABOUT PRODUCTS:
Gesso E/S: Super mega pigmented vivid matte white (lol)
Texture E/S: Described by MAC as a peachy brown with light shimmer. That's just about right. This is of a "velvet" finish, which means it will only provide a hint/wash of color.
Nymphette L/G: Beautiful Pink gloss with gold shimmer, Love it!

ABOUT THE FOUNDATIONS:
*Select SPF15 in NC35--very watery and runny foundation, not water resistant. Matte medium Coverage.
*Studio Sculpt SPF15 in NC35 and NC37-- I wanted to try what I consider my lightest shades because I'm still pale...well, what I consider to be pale anyways...)---First impression: Waterproof, very soft, creamy but not to creamy, no horrible fragance, semi-matte (but no so) finish. PLEASE NOTE: I think the MA at the store made a mistake identifying the samples, because I can swear what is marked as NC35 looks more intense/more yellow than NC37. It is my understanding NC37 IS darker.

CLICK EACH PICTURE TO SEE A LARGER VERSION =)

My mini haul =)

Gesso e/s under natural light
Gesso e/s under natural light

Gesso e/s under natural light

Texture e/s under natural light

Texture e/s under natural light

Texture e/s under natural light

Gesso Texture e/s under natural light

Nymphette l/g under natural light

Nymphette l/g under natural light

Nymphette l/g under natural light

Select SPF15 Found in NC35 under natural light

Select SPF15 Found in NC35 under natural light
Select SPF15 Found in NC35 under natural light
(different camera setting)

Studio Sculpt SPF15 Found. in NC35 under natural light

Studio Sculpt SPF15 Found. in NC35 under natural light
Studio Sculpt SPF15 Found. in NC35 under natural light

Studio Sculpt SPF15 Found. in NC37 under natural light

Studio Sculpt SPF15 Found. in NC37 under natural light

Studio Sculpt SPF15 Found. in NC37 under natural light

Select NC35, Studio Sculpt NC35 and NC37 foundations

Since I thought the samples were wrongly identified, I took some pics under fluorescent lighting too:

SS Foundation in NC35 and NC37

SS Foundation in NC35 and NC37

SS Foundation in NC35 and NC37

SS Foundation in NC35 and NC37

I still think NC35 is a bit darker, just a tad.

UPDATE: I did went to the a MAC store and verfied if the shades were as described here : yes they are...NC 37 is a bit lighter than the NC 35. Don't ask me why.  In fact, I checked this website (Karla Sugar) and you can also see the small difference between these two shades. =/

Later.


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!
(Live, love & laugh!)

Blog Archive