Beauty Product of the Week: Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner

What is it? Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner is "guaranteed to make you gorgeous as they line, shade, and contour your eyes. Blendable, beautiful - this do-it-all shadow lines, shades, and contours your eyes with a lovely crease-proof, smudge-proof formula. Mix and match, or go as sheer or as dramatic as you like with layerable, buildable color. You'll love the glass jar - just remember to close it tight to keep your cream shadow creamy and dreamy!" Available at Sephora for less than $20 a jar.

What did you think? I picked up Benefit's Girls Night In kit which included two shadow/liners (in Birthday Suit and Skinny Jeans) and a decent brush for applying the stuff (it also included a lipstick--it was a pretty awesome kit and I recommend it!). At first glance, the colors looked too dark and too shimmery, but once I applied them, the colors looks great...they're not too much like I had thought.

I like these for eyeshadow more than a liner. I guess I like my liner to be a tiny bit darker than what Skinny Jeans could give me. That said, I really like the way my eyes look when I wear the Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners. Plus there are several different, universally flattering shades of this product to try, which is nice.

Final verdict? I don't usually pay a lot of money for eyeshadow. And I'm not entirely sure why, but that's just the way it is. For me, just under $20 per color seems pricey. That said, if you are able to pick up this product in a kit (like I did), go for it. The colors are surprisingly subtle and they're not too shimmery. They look good, last all day, and don't feel heavy after hours of wear (and they really don't crease...nice!). If you're willing to invest the money, you'll like this product. If not, hey--that's ok...there are plenty of decent budget priced shadows on the market!

Blog Archive