Walgreens Haul: Elizabeth Arden and other stuff (w/swatches)



I went to Walgreens to pick up some things for my husband and, pain in my back and everything, I just had to see if there was anything new on the makeup aisle and they did have new stuff. Revlon's new Double Twist Mascara, new Colorstay Mineral Mousse Makeup SPF20 and Mineral Finishing Powder (that look pretty similar to MAC MSFs). Click HERE to go to NouveauCheap Blog to see pics of the products. Btw, her blog is really cool.

I bought the new Revlon mascara ($6.99, reg. $8.99) and right of the bat I will tell I wish I hadn't. But I will post a separate review on that thing later on. I will wait for a BOGOfree sale on Revlon cosmetics to get the new foundation--I read it doesn't have Bismuth, which I'm a little allergic to (that's one of the downsides of my beloved Colorstay Makeup for Normal/Dry skin). Probably won't get the Finishing powder because it has that ingredient--I remember I loved the MAC MSF Natural I got sometime ago, but had to stop using it because my face wouldn't stop itching. It was so pretty, great as foundation... =(

Anyway, let's continue. To my surprise, I checked the makeup clearance bin they always have around and found 6 Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue E/S, mostly neutral colors, in perfect condition---just $3 USD each! (they normally retail for $15 USD each). I am always a little skeptical when I see high end products at such low prices, but I took a chance with these e/s, since the package was completely sealed and they appeared to be in good condition. I thought that maybe these e/s were manufactured more than a year ago. I took all six and paid less than $20 bucks, including tax. I am so glad I did!

The shadows I got were:
1. Sparkle--soft shimmery peachy beige pink (yeah, I know, hell of a description haha). Reminds me of MAC's Shroom.
2. Mingle--shimmery brown, well more satin finish than frosty. Looks like Retrospeck? Not sure, but I love it.
3. Teak--soft reddish matte brown, looks like a darker version of MACs Wedge.
4. Lucky--very similar to MACs Beautiful Iris e/s, bit more glittery.
5. Shadow--Dark gray/olive green with gold flecks, like mixing MAC's Mink&Sable with Smoke&Diamonds (I actually did that to verify).
6. Urban- Off black, matte. Similar to MAC's Typographic e/s.

I just took some pics of this haul, including the mascara and eyeshadows. Hope this swatches are helpful to you.

REVLON DOUBLE TWIST MASCARA
IN BLACKEST BLACK



The wand w/product: this little mess is
Revlon's way to provide a volumizing mascara, yuck



ELIZABETH ARDEN COLOR INTRIGUE E/S


Sparkle reminds me of Shroom












That's all for now boys and girls.


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!
(Live, love & laugh!)

Blog Archive