Ranting: I got my hair trimmed... + Super soft smoky eyes

(Warning: super long post!)

The other day I went to Walmart to buy some food and to take the kids to the salon. They needed a haircut, badly. I always take them there. But alas! I had the FABULOUS idea (being all cynical here, people) that, since I was already there, I might as well have my hair ends trimmed. I had some split ends. I hate split ends and it was a simple thing to do.

You see what is wrong here, right? Walmart...Getting my hair trimmed... OH MY GOD, NOOOOOO! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!? This was last Tuesday, today I am in the "acceptance" phase.


I didn't blow dried my hair there because I was coming home, so what was the use, right? I just made a twist and hold it with a hair clip (by the way, I went straight home...). When I got home and blow dried my hair, I was in shock. The lady cut about 3-4 inches of my hair, I just asked her to cut 1-1.5 inches!!! To make things worse, THE WHOLE HAIRCUT WAS UNEVEN! I had parts of my hair that were longer than others. Now I understand why she said: "you know, you should cut your hair to shoulder length, to provide it strength" WTF? That is bull and anyway, it would have been OKAY if at least I had a symmetrical, even length haircut. And I tell you something, she looked like an experienced hairstylist. I was fooled.

After the initial shock and getting looks from my husband (the "I told you not to get a haircut" look) I decided I had two options: return the next day a demand another stylist to fix the mess OR to do it myself (and of course, I know nothing about this). You know what? I decided to fix all this mess by myself. Why? Because I thought that if I returned to the salon, they were going to cut off many more inches of hair, to make it even and I just couldn't handle that, not that moment. I just grabbed my styling scissors (I have a pair on my house, for emergencies) and slowly worked on the hair. Ahhh! but there where parts I couldn't reach or just cut off because the difference in length was way too much. ***Sobs!!!***

Stupid lady. You know how many fracking years it took me to grow my hair that long? Just remembering that makes me want to cry. I'm sorry if I sound shallow, hell, I don't care. $15USD totally wasted and in my opinion, that was too much.

Meh, it's time to move on, nothing left to do but to wait about 6 months to try to make even all ends and at least 1 - 1 1/2 years for my hair to get near the lenght I want it to be.

Here are some pics for you to see the reason of my ranting.


SEE WHAT I MEAN?


ME AFTER ACCEPTING WHAT WAS DONE
AND
WORKING WITH IT...



Oh yes, today I finally got inspired to do
a simple smokey eye look




Maybelline's Moisture Extreme Lipcolor
in F201-Sweet Honey



Feeling better after makeup
therapy, LOL!


Product Breakdown:

FACE
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Revlon Colorstay Makeup in Toast (mixed with moisturizer, I needed to feel my skin very well moisturized). Then I applied Colorstay in Rich Tan on top. This created a nice glow for this very-matte foundation.
NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder in Translucent
MAC Powder Blush in Ambering Rose with Shy Beauty on top
Laura Mercier Stardust loose powder

EYES
MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot as base
MAC Naked Pigment all over lid up to browbone
MAC Museum Bronze Pigment on the crease and outer "v"
MAC Fluidline E/L in Dipdown
MAC prep+prime for lashes
MAC Plushlash mascara in Plushblack
MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud

LIPS
Carmex Lipbalm
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipcolor in F201-Sweet Honey


L8R!


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!
(Live, love & laugh!)

Blog Archive