Hairy Situation

Men and women have one thing in common when it comes to the world beauty: we all need to shave various parts of our body.

According to a recent survey conducted by King of Shaves
  • 70% of men shave before a date; 10% of men will only shave if it is a first date.
  • 47% of men would like their girlfriends to shave her legs everyday.
  • 64% of women shave their legs before a date.
  • 71% of women prefer men to be clean shaven; only 7% of women admitted to preferring facial hair on men.
  • 70% of women complained that men’s (husband/boyfriend) facial hair has irritated their face at one point.
  • 64% of women have used men’s shaving products; 64% of women did not like men’s shaving products and prefer using shaving products for women.
Here are my thoughts:
  • I prefer my man to be clean shaven. And he usually is. However, this year, my husband's been growing out his facial hair, which is tough for him. He's not a hairy guy, but he wants to see if he can get the Lemmy look. Here's Lemmy (from Motorhead) and his fabulous facial hair--and below Lemmy is super hottie Peter Steele sporting his own unique facial hair--also an inspiration for my husband's 2009 look. The facial hair grow out has been fun, and I'm all for a little experimentation! It's going to be weird once he shaves it off.
  • When it comes to shaving my legs, I am terrible! In the summer I'm much more diligent, but during colder months? Forget it...I can't be bothered. Thankfully, I'm a married lady and my husband doesn't mind.
What are your thoughts on shaving?

Blog Archive