Home Leg Waxing HELP!!!

I got the message below from one of my readers, and I really need YOUR help in answering her question:

Hi Lydia,

I want to save money by not having to spend $25 at the parlor each time to get my legs waxed. I tried a home product where you need to heat the wax first before applying, and nearly burnt myself!

Is there a product out there that you could use at home that does not require prior heating?

**********

So here's the deal: I have never waxed my legs! I've never gone to a professional to have it done, and I've never tried it at home on my own. As a kid, I vaguely remember my mom applying honey-colored wax to her legs with Popsicle sticks and being terrified at the prospect of at-home waxing.

I know there are products like Nair that you can use in the shower, but I always think they're smelly and not that effective.

So I need your help with this one! If you're an at-home leg waxer, please let me a comment to let me know what you've used, what works, and what doesn't. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Blog Archive