Urban Decay and MAC's Off the Page Eyeshadows

I received the UD e/s I ordered from Hautelook.com and I'm happy. I got:  Shotgun, El Dorado, Smog, Blaze and Jones.

****CLICK ON ALL PHOTOS FOR FULL, BIGGER VERSIONS***


Shotgun and El Dorado feel a bit grainy, they were the ones with the most glitter (as described on the Urban Decay website).  Shotgun is a brownish old rose with silver glitter that slide over my skin easier than El Dorado.  This last one is described as gold with gold glitter. Mmmm...I'm not feeling it. And I have seen better gold eyeshadows... I would need a pretty creamy base for it to truly show on my eyelids. BUT--> I guess it would look great over the face or body (without overdoing it, of course) as a cool shimmer. Same goes for Shotgun.

 


 

Smog is so beautiful, I'm a sucker for metallic e/s, specially dark bronze ones.  Very soft, very easy to apply on the eyes.  I like the buttery feeling and it is ridiculously pigmented.  Maybe you have seen videos on YouTube about it, this eyeshadow stands on its own. Works great for a super simple smokey eyes look.  Love it.

 

  

Blaze and Jones are both on the shimmery side, meaning they don't look as sleek as Smog, but they are not glittery. More like a frost finish.  Blaze is described as a golden peach but I would say brown-golden peach. LOL.  Jones is a touch more vibrant because it has more orange.  I like Jones more.

 

  

  
  

  

  

Now, yesterday I went to MAC to get my backup of the Cleanse Off Oil and I saw the Makeu Up Artist Collections. Nice colors but not impressed. Well, the only one that I fell in love with was Off the Page. Such a vibrant orange. It does has a golden shimmer, this combination is so beautiful. It indeed reminds me of Fab&Flashy from the C-Shock Collection which I don't have so of course, I grabbed this one quickly.  It has a frost finish.  UD's Jones has more shimmer though.  I hope you can see the difference between them in the pics provided.  Also, Xinarox compared "Off the Page" to other popular shades on this post (check it out!).




So, over all I'm pretty pleased with all these e/s.  Would I have bought the UD e/s for USD $16 each? I don't think so, hahaha. Well, maybe for the Smog e/s. (I just paid $8 for each of them at Hautelook.).  MAC's Off the Page was at regular price, $14.50. Maybe a bit pricey, but I don't care. That's how terrible addicts are. o__O.  =P

'Til next time!



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive