Review: L'oreal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara


PRODUCT NAME: L'oreal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara
COLOR: Black
DESCRIPTION: L'oreal claims this mascara can be apply from every angle to reach each and every lash; adapts to every eye shade, grabbing even the smallest lashes in hard to reach corners; creamy smooth formula that lengthens, thickens and separates every little lash for a fanned-out eye look; formula contains jojoba oil, palm oil and Pro-Vitamin B5 for soft texture and lash conditioning; and of course, no clumping, smudging or flaking.  Additional Info: suitable for sensitive eyes.
PRICE: USD $9.49 (Suggested)
AVAILABILITY: November 2009 in the USA (Already available in Europe)

A couple of weeks ago I received this mascara for me to try it out and share my experience with it.  I didn't know about it, so I decided not to look to reviews or videos done by other beauty bloggers (the mascara is available in Europe) to make my decision without any prejudices.  I mention this because I always look for reviews of products I'm interested in b4 buying them (hey, I like to spend my money as wisely as possible).

I was very curious because of the Telescopic Explosion wand, which of course reminds us of the Givenchy Phenomenon Eyes Mascara. I also have to agree with a youtuber (I forgot her name!) who said the wand looks like one of those medieval weapons, the morning star. LOL.


The mascara tube is like the regular Telescopic mascara, this one is just red.  When I saw the wand my first thought was "how do I work with this?"  And then I began playing. To my surprise, it is really easy to work with.  Way easier for me than the regular Telescopic mascara wand (it bends, so it was difficult for my to apply the mascara).  When L'oreal says the wand is designed to grab every little lash at every possible angle, they really mean it. Applying mascara to the the lower or the inner/outer corners lashes without making a mess is very easy to do.

What about the formula? I don't agree much with the thickening part, but this product separates my lashes and make them larger, like really spiky. I like that it provides length without making my naturally curled lashes all flat. 

**REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE PIC FOR ENLARGE VERSIONS**


Look at those lower lashes!
The fanned-out look is totally achievable

I normally don't buy regular washable mascara because, thanks to the heat and humidity here in my beloved country, it's only a matters of minutes under the sun before it starts smudging and going all around my under eye area (doesn't matter if I haven't applied mascara to the lower lashes  o__O.  I have been testing this product for a few days now and it works okay =). Definitely no smudging and flaking (I hate when that happens). 


 

I find I do need to work fast with this product because it may clump while it's setting.  I don't like that but I have to say the clumping is minimal. When I do my dark smoky eyes look, I like that my lashes stand out and are very noticeable.




About the lash conditioning properties, all I can say is that my lashes doesn't feel hard as a rock after applying it, so that's good.  

I wish the packaging was a bit more sophisticated, the red "explosive" color just makes it look cheap. But that's just aesthetics, I know.  The price (USD $9.49) is the same as the regular Telescopic mascara (if I'm not mistaken) and average to other L'oreal and drugstore mascaras.  Of course, you can get this product for less at BOGO sales...which yours trully always do, LOL!!

All in all, this product is okay. Great for those morning I do the "bright eyes" look, where I need to appear very, very awake.  ;)

 



Rating: 3.5/5 (thumbs up for providing the spherical brush to the "drugstore mascara world"; but it dried up relatively fast and became more messy to apply)

ETA: I had to lower the rating 1pt of my original 4.5 rating because after less tha three months, I noticed the mascara got thicker inside the tube (and I know I closed it well & I always kept it in a cool place) and it was very difficult to apply. Something for L'OREAL to deal with. I normally use my mascaras for 6 months. It's still a great product and I would buy it again, but for a cheaper price.

'Til next time my beauties!



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an

Blog Archive