Review+Swatches: CoverFX Total Coverage Foundation & 170 Brush

Merry Xmas everyone!


A few days ago I received the CoverFX products I ordered from Hautelook.com.  I've been interested in this brand for quite some time now.  I read many positive reviews about Cover FX and after all, they proclaim to be "the foundation authority". I don't know about you, but when I order products based only on other people reviews I get these mixed feelings of excitement and terror but I have to say, I'm impressed with these.  I ordered the Total Coverage Cream Foundation in the Pro Pot version (4g). This foundation also functions as a concealer, which was the reason I wanted it.  I bought if for $10 USD (reg. $16).  It was at a good price, I've read good reviews so I thought "why not?".  I'm always looking for great full coverage concealers (I need them---badly).  I also got the 170 brush.  A curious pointy brush that I've been wanting to get for quite some time but didn't want to pay $36 for it ( I got if for $27).




TOTAL COVERAGE CREAM FOUNDATION SPF 30
I LOVE:
♥Satin-like, Your-skin-but-better, soft dewy natural finish (not matte nor cakey)
♥Full coverage, a little goes a loooooong way
♥Works also as a concealer
♥It covered my acne marks pretty well, almost made them invisible in natural light; also cover the redness perfectly
♥Worked great hiding the hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks
♥Non-comedogenic--My skin hasn't break out from it, not a single little white head!
♥Good for sensitive skin, just as Cover FX claims
♥Decent SPF factor
♥Does not transfers (or should I sasy it transfers very little---set the foundation with a light dust of translucent setting powder) and does not "travels" around my face. It behaved super well on my combination skin (Oily t-zone, normal skin on cheeks)
♥Last for hours!! I ended up applying it on my whole face to see how it worked as a foundation and WOW! --BTW, I know, I need a shade darker if I decide to use it as a foundation-- I made lunch for my husband, cleaned up the kitchen and a few hrs later it still looked pretty good, I'd say 85% good compared to just-applied.  (I'm amazed because compared to MAC FC foundation, this baby rocks)
♥Does not oxidizes (changes color)
♥Available in 30+ shades
♥IMHO, $16 for 4g is still a good price for the quality of this foundation/concealer

I DON'T LIKE:
☹It didn't work well in the under eye area for me. It accentuated my fine lines there and made it look more dry (sp?) (I have a very dry under eye area), which is kinda funny because it made my skin looked very moisturized in other areas.  This could be totally non-sense for younger ladies with wonderful younger skin, lol.  ETA: You do have to moisturize extremely well the under eye area so this does not happens.
☹If you have oily skin, I suggest to stay away from this because although it behaves well, it does have a dewy finish many ladies with this skin type just hate.
☹You need to work it a bit and better warm it up b4 applying it. If not, results are not the best <--this is not necessarily a con, I'm just mentioning FYI
☹The full version of this product retails for $42 (0.4 oz/11.3 g) which yeah, is a bit pricey.  I do recommend it if you work continuously with this type of foundation.

ETA: BE CAREFUL not to use too much setting powder or it will look cakey.

All in all, this is the best cream foundation/concealer I've ever tried. 

My rating?  4.5./5  (I would love to see more "good for your skin" ingredients in it; also, it could work better on the under eye area)

Here are some swatches and pics of me with this foundation on.  I use it as a concealer; if I were to use it as a foundation, I guess I'd need one of the shades in the E series (probably E50).







Excuse my lips, I didn't apply lip balm and they were super dry!
 

You can find this Pro Pot product at Naimies.com, who is distributor of Cover FX products.

ETA:  Found this video in Youtube.  Got to 2:56 to start watching products and foundation application tips for a flawless finish.  Those tips really help. 



COVER FX 170 BRUSH
I LOVE:
♥This brush is very dense, applies cream or liquid foundation so well I feel it gives me a flawless finish.
♥Can be used as a foundation or concealer brush.
♥Very precise application of products in the inner eye area, the sides of the nose or in the temples--this characteristic is what makes it a winner on my book.
♥If pressed against the skin, works as a paddle brush (like the MAC 190 but more dense)
♥I consider it picks up the right amount of cream products.
Excellent quality
♥Blends beautifully, really, I love the natural finish I get with this brush.

I DON'T LIKE:
☹Price (Reg. $36) --but hey, if the quality depends of that price, then I don't mind.
☹I would like to see a version with a smaller handle so I can carry it always in my purse! 

My Rating:  5/5



 




NOTE: A good question---Do you need this brush if you have a brush like the MAC 190? I'd say NO.  But if I were looking for a new great quality foundation brush because I don't like what I have, I'd pick this one. Honest.


Find this brush at Sephora.



'Til next time!

¡Hasta luego!



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive