Matte-r of Fact

I adore OPI's nail lacquers. There are so many colors to pick from, they go on well, and they last for a reasonable amount of time. The other thing I like about OPI nail lacquers--and all nail polishes for that matter--is that they make my nails look shiny and feel slick.

Well, available now is a new line of OPI products that take away all the shimmer and shine: Matte by OPI. Yup....matte nail color. Matte by OPI comes in six "iconic" OPI shades – Russian Navy, Lincoln Park After Dark, Alpine Snow, You Don’t Know Jacques!, La Paz-itively Hot, and Gargantuan Green Grape.

To properly wear these matte shades, OPI recommends that you do NOT use a base coat, top coat, drying drops, or hand cream. The wear time of the matte lacquers is significantly less than the normal lacquers.

What do you think of matte nails? I think they sound like a huge pain. I bet it takes a great deal of time (and skill) to apply matte nail color cleanly, and they seem like they'd be very high maintenance. Are matte nails something you'd try out? I think I'll pass!

Blog Archive