REVIEW: Rimmel Mousse Blush 8hr


NAME:
Rimmel Mousse Blush 8hr in Peach Ice Tea
DESCRIPTION: Rimmel describes this blush as a "unique air light mousse that revives skin with a refreshing cooling sensation. Enriched with mineral water for healthy skin. Soft soufflé texture blends effortlessly for a natural glow and a shimmering soft focus effect. Transfer Resistant finish lasts all day long. 4 deliciously tempting shades for an irresistible complexion. Luminous fresh tints for a hit of youthful colour".
PRICE: USD $6-$7
SO...? I like cream and mousse blushes any time of the year, but on summer I use them even more as a "blush primer" to help my cheeks maintain their color under the hot temperatures. Oh my gosh, where to start with this one. Okay, easy: wasted money (couldn't find my receipt, damn) Seriously, look at the pic. This is what I saw when I opened it:


I bought it at Walmart because I couldn't find it at Walgreens. I'm guessing this one was old maybe?, though the jar looked like new. I used a small orange stick to mix it. This is what I got:


It didn't smell bad or anything. The consistency was not that of a mousse but more like a thick lotion. They mention mineral water, maybe it has too much. About the color, it just didn't show. I have the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin and it looks lovely on my cheeks. Not this one. I do agree with the shimer part, that's all I obtained from it. Look at this swatch:


Oh, and about it lasting all day long, well, 8hrs? Pffft. No way. Maybe that is true in countries with cold temperatures all year round. Sorry, this one didn't do it for me and I didn't want to risk buying another one. =(

RATING: 2/5 --- it does provides shimmer and if you have very fair skin, it may show even last a little longer than it did on me.



Enjoy your Sunday <3<3>¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive