Urban Decay Primer Potion--Great product, worse packaging ever!

Honestly, did Urban Decay get an award for the primer potion packaging? Because they still haven't changed the design and it is oh so cute but terrible!!! Someone told me they were going to, but I haven't seen anything new. Why do I ask this? (If you are asking this then you are still an innocent member of our makeup community, lol)


Urban Decay Primer Potion is one of the best, if not THE best, eyeshadow primer out there. I love how creamy it is, how well my e/s stick to it and how they last all frikin' day on my oily lids. Really, this product is one of the best ever. BUT...oh my gosh, that good for nothing packaging!

I have seen (as I'm sure many of you ladies have) many pictures and videos of fellow beauty bloggers and YouTubers about cutting in half the UDPP bottle, reason being there still much product left on the inside. The design of the bottles makes impossible to reach for it with the wand. I've always thought, wow that so much product! I wonder how many people have thrown their used bottles to the trash can thinking the bottle was empty?

I'm writing this post because one thing is to see other people pics and vids, but another thing is doing it yourself. Last night I opened my little bottle with a sharp knife...I couldn't believe it. I was expecting it but when I saw how much product was there, I was in total disbelief. This is ridiculous. Really UD, you can do better than this.




I used a small spatula to remove the product and put it in a jar (5 gram I think?). This shall last me for about 2-3 more months.



NOTE: Remember to tightly close the container you put the UDPP on or it can get dry. Maintain at room temperature.

Seriously, this is an amazing product. Now, if they only put it in a tube or something, like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, that would be perfect.

If someone has any news of a new bottle for this product, let me know, mmmkay? LOL!


See you!


ETA: Halifax from Sparkledbeauty.blogspot.com reminded me of the new wands for this product, the ones that have the bended tip. I've been reading around --it is the only change UD has made to date to address this issue--, but it seems this new wand is not enough to leave that bottle as empty as possible. Have any of you guys tried it? I still have an unopened old bottle, so I will have to wait for a while to try it. I'll probably end up going to Sephora to see the bottle with the new wand (and SIN, the new shade).

If you guys have the new one, let me know how you like it. ;)


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive