Review: L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup

NAME: L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup
DESCRIPTION: L'oreal claims this foundation "precisely matches your skin's tone and texture" and is formulated with Precise Match Technology for easier control of coverage. It contains no oils, fragances and does not clog pores. It has moisturizing agents like glycerin and vitamins B and E. Non-Acnegenic. 24 shades available in the US and Puerto Rico.
PRICE: USD $10-$11 at most drugstores and department stores like Walmart and Kmart.
SHADE I BOUGHT: N4 Buff Beige
SO?: This review was long overdue. This and the EL Double Wear Foundation review. o__O

Anyway...

First of all, I think this is the best color match I've had in a foundation. I used the little plastic chart they have at the L'oreal display (so you can find your "perfect" shade), placed it over my jaw and I saw N4--buff beige was my "match". I thought "Neutral?" But I wasn't surprised, I'm way lighter and more "pink" on the back side of my arms and my "private parts" =D . It was USD $6 at Walmart (quite a steal) so I decided to try it out.


As you may already know, once you've found your perfect shade, L'oreal has made it easier to identify what concealer, blush, powder, etc. you could use with their ID system. In my case, I would look for products marked for N4 shades.


N4 Buff Beige shade has more yellow than pink. But one thing I've learned is that the meaning of neutral differs between makeup companies.

**For reference, I have used MAC foundations in NC 35-40.

I was surprised at how much I love the color. And yes, this foundation is really blendable. You can work with it as it does not dries up quickly (compared to Revlon's ColorStay Makeup). I love the soft dewy finish it gives to my skin. Light to medium coverage. Too much and it could look cakey. I like to apply this with my hands and fingers first (to help it adhere better to my skin) then go over certain areas like my cheeks with a stippling brush to get more coverage. It has SPF of 17, which is pretty high for a foundation. It contains Titanium Dioxide and Iron Oxide, both physical sunscreens.

Also, I love that it does not have a fragrance and my face doesn't itch like crazy when I sweat.



BUT ---and here comes the part that makes me sad--- this foundation makes my T-zone go all wild and crazy. It doesn't help to control oil in this area and the result is that after 1-2 hrs the foundation is ready to be transferred everywhere. It doesn't matter if I set it with powder. I once sneezed, covered my mouth and nose and the makeup was out of my face and all over my fingers, ugh! =( I guess I'm accustomed to my Colorstay, it really stays in place. Maybe ladies with Dry/Very Dry skin would love True Match.

Oh, if I know I'm gonna be photographed when using this foundation, I do not use a loose powder that is "shimmery" or provide "glowy skin" because my face will be all white and ghostly in the pic.

So... this foundation has gone to my pile of "just use for a couple of hours" foundations --or was it the "going to pick up the kids" foundations...can't remember. LOL. It really looks nice on the skin.

(The foundation looks lighter in my hands,
which are darker than my face)

RATING: 3/5 (for color match, great selection of colors and wonderful texture but L'oreal need to make this transfer-resistant!)

**TIP: If I am going out at night, I use a foundation that is a shade darker (not much, but normally a color I wouldn't use during the day). I'm not that big on bronzers and with the darker foundation I cover all imperfections while knowing that my face is gonna look even-toned with my neck in all the photos. I have had great results by doing this.


HTH. Later wonderful people!



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive