Review: NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush


NAME: NARS Cream Blush in "Cactus Flower"
DESCRIPTION: As per NARS website, their cream blushes are a "moisture-rich cream finish formula that provides smooth, silky color for naturally luminous skin. Delivers long-lasting color with a velvety texture and blends easily for healthy glowing skin; Provides a sheer, flush of color for all skin tones; Enriched with Vitamin E; Rich pigments blend effortlessly".
PRICE: USD $25.00

NARS Cactus Flower Creme Blush

SO...?: Four words. I FRIGGIN LOVE IT! This is my first cream blush from NARS and I am so glad I bought it (a few months ago, so this review was long overdue, lol). I like red blushes. This blush looks so intense and scary on the pan, yet it gives my cheeks this natural, healthy, flushed look. Wow! It is perfect for my skin tone (light olive skin--btw, I'm going tomorrow to the beach to change that to a more tanned look, lol). I think it looks better on warm skintones but it could work for everyone. Cactus Flower is this reddish coral or watermelon color (as KarlaSugar described it--check out her blog, one of the best there are on the net) with gold sparkles. Do not be afraid of the gold sparkles, they don't show up terribly, giving you a disco-diva-clown look---> unless you really overdo it.


About all the claims NARS makes about it, I've found them all to be true. Honestly. It is very soft, super easy to blend and today I used it for about 8 hrs and it looked great, didn't dissapear or anything like that (fyi, I applied it on top my primer and liquid foundation).

Best way to apply this cream blush? I have used the MAC 190 (didn't I tell you I finally got it? Great brush) or any similar foundation brush. I have also used a sponge or my fingers. Some people have worked with the MAC 187/188 brushes and got good results; I can't say the same since I have not used them. Oh yes, I recommend to start by applying the product a small amount at a time, NARS really mean it when they say it's soft and blendable.

I surely will buy it again but I think this one will last me a long time. $25 for a blush is a little steep (believe me, I first didn't want to pay that much for them) but one thing I've noticed is NARS blushes are one of the, if not THE, best ones out there.

RATING: 5/5 ---worth every cent. 'Nuff said.

Photos taken under Fluorescent Lighting:


This FOTD is a few weeks old, I think it was the 3rd time I've used the blush.

Face
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Warm Golden
MAC
NARS Cactus Flower Cream Blush
Laura Mercier Star Dust Shimmer Loose Powder as highlighter

Eyes
MAC Ricepaper with a touch of Texture E/S on the crease
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara

Lips
Sally Hansen Lip Diamond Treatment l/g in Elegant Cognac



**No Flash**

**With Flash**


L8R my beauties!



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive