Another first: Stila products--Photos, swatches and reviews

A couple of weeks ago I received my Stila products from HauteLook.com. I ordered the Barbie Love Stila E/S Trio and one of the 24 kt lip glosses. These also arrived later than expected, but HauteLook had already wrote to me about a delay with Stila. Because of this issue, I got free shipping. I ended up spending USD $25 instead of $50. That was a price a was willing to pay to satisfy my curiosity for Stila products.


I also received a generous sample of Lancome's Génefique serum (0.5 oz). I say generous because 1 oz of this product retails for USD $78. Generous indeed. I'm still trying it. Feels good, like water. Too soon to talk about results.



First, let me talk about the 24 kt gloss (&I. I bought the Vintage Merlot shade based only on pics I've seen on the web. It is described as a deep burgundy shimmer and for that, I already knew it wasn't going to be as dark as it seem on the little plastic container. I think this specific gloss is a LE item, as I don't see it on the Stila website.

***CLICK ON THESE PICS FOR BIGGER VERSIONS***



This glosses are "infused" with real 24kt gold ($22), hence its name. I'm not clear about what good things that may provide, other than it really looks pretty and very glittery. Also, the glosses have Vitamins A & E. Vintage Merlot is absolutely fabulous. Goes great with my skintone, I think. I like this gloss, not to sticky at all, but goes away pretty easily.



Fluorescent Lighting (top); Natural Lighting (bottom)

There are two things I don't like about this gloss: I like the glittery look but not the glittery feeling and the packaging. When you take off the gloss from your lips, there is glitter everywhere. I had to use my Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover to take it all out. About the packaging, well, as other Stila lip glosses, you have to twist the tube so the product comes out the little brush applicator. That's okay, but I find that a great amount of the product is wasted if you are not careful. Maybe it's me, IDK...

After just one application...


Rating: 3.5/5 --> the product per se is quite good, but I don't like the packaging and the price is a bit excessive.

*****************************

Now, about the Barbie loves Stila Eye Shadow Trio & Lip Glaze (Reg. $28).



The Jewel lipgloss is absolutely beautiful and quite pigmented, for my surprise. It's wonderful when a gloss truly shows on my pigmented lips without the help of concealer, base or lip pencil. It is not sticky and lasts a bit more on my lips than the Vintage Merlot gloss. Again, I don't find the packaging to be very helpful in terms of not wasting product and I probably wouldn't buy it alone. The price would be too high.





Finally, the eyeshadows. Oh, the packaging is simple and cute. I remember how I loved those little barbie pink shoes! The eye shadows are very soft and pigmented and a bit bigger than the MAC ones. Bouquet is meant to be applied all over the eye area with Kitten on the lids and Black Cat lining the eyes and of course, you could do a super sexy smoky eyes look with it. I was very curious about Kitten and it is beautiful! This palette really is wonderful and I can wait to do a look using it.






Rating: 5/5--> This set is at a great price, get it if you can.


Later!



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive