Beauty Product of the Week: DiorShow Iconic

What is it? Dior's DiorShow Iconic Mascara, "is the latest in Dior's dazzling range of best-selling mascaras. Created backstage for fashion shows and celebrity red carpet events, the Iconic mascara features an oblique cut brush that gives an extra lash-curling effect. With its long, skinny teeth, the plastic comb brush allows you to precisely coat each lash one-by-one-creating a long, separated fan of lashes that usually takes the skill of a makeup artist. The extra-hold formula provides a 24-hour-curl with 100% smudge-proof results. Inspired by the tailoring technique of cutting fabric on the bias to create maximum curve, the Iconic brush features soft silicone bristles that spiral around the stem to lift, curl, and separate every lash." Available at better department stores and Sephora for $27.00.

What did you think? First let me say that yes, I completely understand that we're in a recession. And since economic times are tough, paying $27 for a mascara may not fit into everyone's budget. Now that that's said, let's move on with the review of the product!

I love Dior products. They're expensive and are packaged well, so I always feel like I am really spoiling myself when I buy their products. When I first tried out DiorShow Iconic, I had super-high hopes but was a little let down. I didn't the mascara did much of anything for my lashes.

Disappointed, I put the mascara tube away and forgot about it while testing out other mascaras. Then, for no apparent reason, I pulled out the tube of Iconic and tried it once again. And this time, I was pleasantly surprised.

DiorShow Iconic made my lashes incredibly long. It's easy to apply and I had no issues with clumping. The brush is soft and flexible and does a great job. The mascara is supposed to last all day without smudging, and I have found this to be true. I wore this mascara during the super hot weather we had here in Seattle last week, and it never smudged or flaked off. I haven't cried in awhile, so I don't know if this would past the tear test.

I'm not exactly sure what changed between the first time I used Iconic and got blah results and now, when I find myself loving my long, curled Iconic lashes. Who knows...but I'm glad to see my $27 wasn't wasted.

The final verdict? I've said it before, but when it comes to mascara, it seems as though you have to pick the look you want. Do you want your lashes to look long, curled, and separated? Or do you want lashes to be thick and dark? Personally, I want both, but that doesn't seem to be an option with many mascara formulas. DiorShow Iconic certain provides an amazing amount of length, and I've never had to deal with clumps or gummed up lashes. This mascara does last a good long time, and I'd recommend it to those who are in the market or a $27 lash-lengthening mascara.

Blog Archive