Skin Deep

Did you know that in the process of cleansing your skin, you're causing damage? I had no clue, but it kind of makes sense. I know that after I shower, my skin feels a little dry and tight. I even have this annoying patch of dry skin on my tummy that never goes away, no matter how often I moisturize.

Well, the folks over at Dove have been working on this and are launching a new body wash with
something called NutriumMoisture™. According to Dove, current body washes actually damage proteins and lipids in the skin’s outer layer, often leading to the loss of critical moisture which can result in dry, itchy and irritated skin. Moisture is essential for healthy, hydrated skin controlling up to 70% of skin functions.

Dove has discovered how to restore skin’s natural moisture while cleansing with body wash meaning moisture loss caused by cleansing no longer has to be a skin care concern. Unlike other body washes whose moisturizers sit on top skin, NutriumMoisture contains natural moisturizers that fully absorb into surface skin to replenish lipids lost during cleansing.

Dove Body Washes with NutriumMoisture are clinically proven to significantly reduce dryness, improve moisturization and leave skin more even toned.

Now, I am normally a bar soap user, which may be one of the reasons why my dry patch persists. I bought myself a poof thingy and have been using Dove Body Wash with NutriumMoisture for a few weeks now. The body wash lathers up nicely, which makes me feel like I am getting washed in a car wash (but in a good way!). The scent is subtle and clean, and I emerge from the shower with soft, clean skin. I'm happy to report that so far, the dry patch on my tummy seems to have gone away. Hopefully it will stay a thing of the past!

From what I've tried so far, I like this product. It's available now for just under $4. If you're a body wash user, give it a try.

One more thing: this makes me curious to know if you use bar soap or body wash. Leave me a comment and let me know.

Blog Archive