Beauty Product of the Week: Natural Eye Collection

What is it? Natural Eye Shadow Collection from Too Faced is, "an all-inclusive kit that includes nine essential shadows for all-over lid color, highlighting, smudging, and more. The kit's contents were formulated and hand-selected by Too Faced Creative Director, Jerrod Blandino, to create the most universally flattering eyeshadow look for any woman and for almost any occasion. The pure-pigmented eyeshadow formula blends effortlessly and keeps color intense and in-place all day long. Plus, this perfectly portable palette of must-have neutrals comes with a double-sided brush/sponge wand in the pull-out tray provides easy application. Three easy-to-follow "how-to" cards teach you everything you need to know to create the "perfect" natural eye." Available at Sephora and department stores for $34.

What did you think? I've never had trouble figuring out how to apply eye shadow, so I wasn't sure I'd find the "how-to" cards useful. However, I looked them over and actually used some of the info on them to create different looks.

I've used Too Faced palettes in the past and have liked them...and this product is no exception. I like the colors offered, and the fact that you can create three distinctive looks following their suggestion. You can, of course, mix it up and make your own combo since all the colors coordinate nicely.

The shadows go on well--they don't crease and they don't require any special tools. Plus they're not overly sparkly, which I appreciate. I'm not really a fan of the glittery eye thing.

The final verdict? All in all, I like this product. It's especially good if you want a little advice on how to apply colors. I also like that Too Faced has clearly labeled each shade, so that you can go back and buy a color individually if you want (older Too Faced palettes didn't provide shade names which was a pain). Too Faced products are of exceptional quality and this kit delivers. Nice!

Blog Archive