Sunscreen!

So you all know how important it is to wear sunscreen, right? That being said, I wanted to share with you two products that have become my favorites this summer and will probably keep using all of the time: Walgreens Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide SPF45 (USD $4.99) and Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care Cream SPF30 (USD $28.00).

(CLICK ON ALL PHOTOS FOR BIGGER VERSIONS)

Walgreens Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide SPF45


Walgreens Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide SPF 45 comes in a small 2 oz tub that specifically mentions the products is for face, nose and ears. There is a warning against using it on the eye area. For a long time, I've looked for a sunscreen that didn't feel heavy on my face and wouldn't break me out. Of course, it had to work well under makeup and I wanted an SPF equal or higher than 30. For some reason I saw this months ago and gave it a try...so glad I did!



This sunscreen claims to be "greaseless" and "goes on clear". Well, all that is true. I can barely feel it. It is quite thick and creamy but disappears on application. No white cast. It has both physical (zinc oxide) and chemical (Octinoxate and Octocrylene) components, as well as silicone, so watch out if you are sensitive to any of these ingredients. On the other hand, it mentions Aloe first on the list of ingredients. No notable smell.



I apply this sunscreen after I moisturize and before makeup. Sometimes I don't apply my primer as I feel I don't need it. Just a touch of mattifier on my TZone area. Great protection for 5 bucks. Works for me!

ETA:  MAY 2010--I still love this sunscreen (still using the same tub, product hasn't expired); the silicones in it make it a great face primer specially for summer. I do think Walgreens changed the packaging...

*******************

Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control
Eye Contour Care SPF30



I needed sunscreen for my eyes area, one that didn't sting my eyes. I looked for reviews on various products and this one always had good ones. I decided to try this (got it on ebay) and I can say I'm satisfied. The main ingredient here is Titanium Dioxide, a physical sunscreen that leaves a white cast upon application. But it disappears after a couple of minutes. Oh, the consistency is more like that of a lotion.



Clarins indicates on its website that this cream has many good-for-your-skin ingredients. I've read some complaints about it drying the eye area but frankly I have not had that issue. I do use it above my regular eye cream. It has some kind of smell, though it says it has no added fragrance. It's not something strong or terrible.


The price is a little steep ($28 for 0.7 oz) but after using it for weeks now, I can tell this will last me a few months. There are a few other sunscreens for the eye area (Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF32, $32 for 0.5 oz ; Prescriptives Anti-Age Advanced Protection Eye Cream SPF 25, 0.5 oz for $48) but for now, I'm happy with this little tube.


*******************

Finally, don't forget about your lips! There are a lot of lip balms out there that offer an SPF of 15 or more for really cheap prices. I use Carmex as my lip primer (going to change it soon though, I'm not feeling it helping my lips) but at night, I apply a lip balm I bought at Kmart a long time ago: "American Fare Lip Protectant". It goes great after exfoliating my lips. Love how my lips feel in the morning. Yes, it has white petrolatum and no, I don't have issues using it. ;)


HTH.


¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!



(Psst...yeah, I do my reviews in different ways. Frankly, my writing style really depends on my mood, lol).

Blog Archive