Unplanned visit to the toy store...

Oops, I meant Sephora. LOL. Okay, what happened was that I had to take my hubby to the airport and since I was going to be alone tonight he asked if I was going to Plaza (Las Américas). I really hadn't thought about it, I was planning on returning home, maybe go watch a movie on a theater near where I live. But since he insisted...hehehe. Thing is I was without an ounce of makeup, wearing just simple jeans and shirt. No worries, I was not sporting a "Dubi" (ugh! no way). But I though "who will I see there?"...yeah.

Well, you know how things are. I ran into an old friend of mine from high school, a girl I have probably seen 3 times in almost 20 yrs. And she worked for the store. And she looked fabulous. I was glad that I saw her but wow, did I felt very self-conscious about my non-glamorous look, hahaha. Anyway, I was really happy to see her. ¡Un abrazo, Karen!

We chatted for a few minutes and then I spent almost 1.5 hrs in this great happy place. =D I got some things, most important of them all, I bought the MUFE Mat Velvet+ foundation. The SA (who looked a LOT like Kirsten Stewart, the girl from the "Twilight" movie) that helped me spent a lot of time trying to find a match my skin. She tried various shades of MUFE HD foundation, Laura Mercier and NARS. Poor thing thanked me for being patient. I was like "What?--don't you worry, I'm glad you're helping me". The Mat Velvet+ Foundation in 55-Neutral Beige was a very good match at the store. I was worried: it looked peachy. But after trying it at home too, I'm very pleased.***ETA: Check comment at the end of post!



I also got the MUFE Full Cover Concealer, a Sephora Highlighter Powder (I needed one in a gold tone), the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner (Zero) and two Sephora brushes (#27-angled liner and #15-sponge tip). Oh, I would have love me some NARS blushes...nah, I have to have control...I don't need them... **sighs** lol.

About the MUFE foundation, my first thoughts are: I like that I can barely feel it on my face. It is really REALLY matte. Decent coverage (I do have serious dark brown spots on my face). Gotta see how it behaves under hot temperatures and humidity.

Sans Makeup

MUFE Mat Velvet + in 55-Neutral Beige
(WITH FLASH)


(NO FLASH)

My "happy-because-my-foundation-matches-my-skin" face
ETA: ***NOOO!
My face was orange at the end of a hot+humid day.
This is the first time this happens to me-->back to Sephora it goes!!



I like that it looks like I have no foundation on, which as we all know, is the final goal when wearing makeup. I will review it later on, after using it for a few days.

**SORRY for the low quality pics, my husband has the DC I usually use for better resolution. I had to use my son's camera. That's why I didn't include swatches of the products. =/

Later!


***ETA: The foundation was terrible. One word: ORANGE. Returning it ASAP.



¡Vivan, amen y rían!

Blog Archive