Review: L'oreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint (+Swatches!)


NAME: L'oreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint
DESCRIPTION: L'oreal claims this provides "creamy and luminous color" and "stunning and intense" shadow. It comes in a "custom compact with an application well" with a "professional" small brush. 6 neutral shades.
PRICE: USD $12 at most drugstores
SHADES SHOWN HERE: Secretive, Commanding and Steely
SO? I really like this stuff. Excellent quality. In my experience it provides what it promises. This cream shadow is very soft and a little amount provides great coverage. Very pigmented.




You can really use these cream shadows alone because once they set, they do not move/crease/smudge. Like I need to take them out with an oil-based cleanser. Hence, they also work great as an eye shadow base, specially for those of you who see your eye makeup disappear through out the day. The little brush reminds me a bit of the MAC 242 and applies the product very evenly.

I've had Secretive for more than a year, I think, and there still much left. This one is more like a vanilla shade with a bit of sparkle, not too much. I love to use it alone when I need my eyes to look "awake". Commanding is a taupe shade, excellent for smokey eyes. Reminds me a bit of MAC Constructivist PP. Steely is great for a more dramatic look. It has a bit of silver sparkle.

Daylight
(Ooops, the black one should read -- Steely--)

Artificial Lighting

The only thing I don't like is the price. Come on, 12 bucks? Nu-uh. This product is very similar to MAC Paints which retail for $16.50 (0.23 oz). So I recommend you get them in one of those bogo-free sales some drugstores have. In my case, I got these for less than $4 each (yes!). All in all, excellent product.

RATING: 4/5 (nothing personal, I just don't like the retail price)





Have a fun Sunday!



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive