The "Back-Up" Tag

The beautiful Saadeh @ BeautySpot has tagged me with the "Back-up tag" w/pics. I don't have that many back-ups products in terms of just makeup. I think this is due to the fact that I'm always trying new stuff. But yes, there are a few essentials. I will include in this list makeup tools and some skincare products.

MAC 217 brush: my MAC favorite blush to date. I just love how versatile this brush is. I use it to apply concealer, paint pots, eyeshadow (I apply e/s using the side of the brush for a more pigmented application; for a "wash" effect I just apply shadow on the tip of the brush), it is also great for blending. I use it so much, I just needed to have another one in case I'd forgot to clean the other. LOVE it.



Stippling brushes: I just love to apply foundation with these kinds of brushes, so I needed to have more than one. The MAC 187 is my fave, but the ULTA highlighting brush is a good one too. I also have the MAC 188, which is a smaller version of the 187. These brushes are also perfect for applying blushes, specially highly pigmented ones like the NARS Exhibit A blush or MAC Merrily or Frankly Scarlet powder blushes.



MAC Cleanse Off Oil: Really, this cleanser is the best one for me. Not only does it takes off all of my waterproof makeup, but also my w/p mascara. Like I don't really need eye makeup remover, this oil just takes everything off. It is also great to for taking out stains in some of my brushes. Nothings can stand up to this product. Just awesome. Mmmm, I'm using my backup now, better plan a visit to my local store.

Left: Empty bottle-->Back2Mac!

Ardell Wispies: My fave falsies ever, they are so scandalous and light and make my eyes look full of life. At any time, I have like 2 unopened packages. I do clean them with alcohol (Enkore has a video about it) so I can reuse them at least once more.


Mascara: Covergil Lash Blast, Maybelline Full-n-Soft and MAC Plushlash Mascaras. All in black or very black. These have been my fave for quite some time now but if I have to decide on one, that would be Plushlash.


Lipbalm: This is an essential product on my makeup routine. Seriously, I just have to have one on my bathroom vanity, my purse, my bedside table, on my kitchen (in a drawer where you can find almost anything).


MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud: Before I found this product, I hated filling my eyebrow with pencil. No shade was okay for me and almost always I ended up with frightening painted brows. And the pencil only lasted for some hours. That was until I found this MAC eyebrow pencil. Stud is a great shade for my brows and last many hours without fading. Always have to have a back-up in my purse too.


Revlon Colorstay Makeup: Yep, I have always a few bottles around of this amazing foundation. I use different shades, depending the time of day. I have added this item to my list because (lol!) I have many, many, many bottles of it. Check it out HERE.

About e/s, well I love many of them, most of them in neutral tones. I'd run to buy many backups of some of them if they were to be discontinued, but for now it is just okay to have one of each. Same with blushes.

I think that is all for now, I'll edit if needed.


So ladies, what are your back-ups? Care to share? Let me know if you post your list!






¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!

Blog Archive