Beauty Product of the Week: 4-Step Buffer

What is it? Sephora's 4- Step Buffer is "a filing and shaping tool for nails. Whether you prefer your nails long or short, square-tipped or oval, the perfect shape is just four easy steps away. Each numbered side indicates the order in which it should be used, starting with a heavier grit file and ending with a gentle buffer." Available at Sephora for $5.

What did you think? Before I begin, there are a few things I must say about my nails and nail tools: 1) I don't like to paint my finger nails. I never get manicures done because I do a lot of typing and tend to chip my polish. 2) I have a LOT of beauty products and tools. I have a basket full of nail supplies--trimmers, files, etc. but I can never seem to find what I need when I need it. 3) Because I have too much stuff in my makeup cases (yes, plural), I really like tools and products that do many things in one.

So, that said, let me tell you about this tool. You can use this one beauty product to shape and file nails, smooth out any nail grooves or texture issues, and then buff your nails into an insane shine. This is, probably, one of the most practical, fabulous beauty tools you could buy. If for no other reason, the buffer on this baby will make your nails shine and look like they have a clear coat of polish on them.

(Sort of off topic comment: I read Anne Rice's Interview With The Vampire a zillion years ago. I vaguely remember that Rice described the vamp's nails as being as shiny as glass. I could be remembering this wrong, but that's memories for you. Anyway, after using the buffer and seeing how remarkably shiny my own nails were, I couldn't help but think of Anne Rice and vampires with glass-like nails.)

It's easy to use, it costs hardly anything, it's compact, and it does a kick ass job. Everyone should have this tool in their beauty kit.

The final verdict? For a pathetic $5, you can have amazing looking nails. This tool really does it all in an economical and space saving way. I love a good multi-tasker, and this is one of the best nail tools out there. This is not a sexy tool, but it's worth every penny.

Blog Archive