Beauty Product of the Week: Vitalizing Gel Body Oil


What is it? Vaseline's Intensive Care Vitalizing Gel Body Oil with Brazilian Nut and Almond Oils promises "amazing" skin. "When skin is healthy and hydrated, light reflects off the rich color below the surface, giving it an amazing natural glow. But daily showers strip natural, protecting oils from skin allowing essential moisture to evaporate.

Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Gel Body Oil, used after bathing, replenishes skin and locks in moisture for naturally radiant skin. Contains Brazilian Nut Oil - rich in essential nutrients known to boost skin's moisture barrier, and Almond Oil - naturally high in minerals and known antioxidants." Available at drugstores and big box stores for about $7.50 or less, depending on the size you get.

What did you think? Walking through Target, this product caught my eye. I'm not really sure why...but I had to try it out. I don't have super dry skin, nor am I am consistent user of body lotions. I was oddly intrigued by this product and was anxious to give it a try.

I've been using the gel body oil for about a week. In that short period of time, I've already noticed a difference. My skin feels very soft, nicely moisturized, and all around nourished. I don't think I'm radiant...not yet, at least!...but this does improve my skin's overall feel.

The scent is light and pleasant. It doesn't linger too long like some products can. The packaging is minimal, but that may have been what drew me to it in the first place. The only thing I've noticed is that I have to be careful to not over apply the gel/oil. A little really does go a long way, and if you don't allow enough time for this to absorb into your skin, it could get a bit messy.

The final verdict? I like this product. Sure it adds a step to my morning routine, but I've already noticed that my skin is benefiting from the gel/oil. As long as I don't over apply it, my skin feels perfectly moisturized. Vaseline's Gel Body Oil is like baby oil for grown ups...and that's not a bad thing!

Blog Archive