Hair and skin protection against UV Rays

Yesterday I mention some products I use as sunscreen to protect my face, today I want to talk about hair and skin.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I'm apply Garnier Frutis Style Sleek&Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk and some drops of the Proclaim Glossing Polish (Sally Beauty). I'm satisfied (but not "wowed") with both products, but will probably will be looking for different ones once I'm finished with them. My hair suffers from extreme "frizziness"...booo!



When I'm going to style it (about two times a week maybe?, most of the time I just let it air-dry), I spray on the Pantene Pro-V Protecting Damage Defender Spray. I was using a leave-in conditioner by Garnier, but it has alcohol listed as its second ingredient, so I don't use it anymore.

I'm curious as of which products are great as leave-in conditioners that also provide UV protection. I normally stay out of the sun, but living in a hot country like mine, sometimes even that is not enough. I have read articles about using Olive or Jojoba oil (just a few drops) and different stuff. Many of the anti-frizz serums like Proclaim have oils like Canola and sweet almond.

Now I need recs from you ladies: Do you use and recommend a particular leave-in conditioner or other product that provides this kind of protection? =)


********************

About protecting the skin, is there much to say? No, just use a moisturizing skin cream that provide Broad Spectrum protection (deals with both UVA and UVB rays). UVA rays can cause premature aging of the skin (they are stronger than UVB rays) and UVB rays can cause sunburns. I use Eucerin Everyday Protection Body Lotion SPF 15.  I like it because it moisturizes my skin without leaving it too greasy.


If I'm going to be out under the sun for a longer period, I use whatever sunblock I can get my hands on. But yeah, I prefer physical sunblocks to chemical ones.

**Remember I am not an expert on skin or whatsoever, I just use common sense and what has worked for me. Take if for what it's worth.
**The links provided give you a little more info on all this uva, uvb, sunblock, sunscreens stuff.
**Clicking on the images also give you more info about the products.


********************

Take care of your skin. I didn't do it while I was younger, now I have to go to my dermatologist to see how he can help me with the brown/dark spots in my face. =(



¡Vivan, amen y rĂ­an!



Blog Archive