Autumn Beauty

Autumn is almost here! The unofficial end of summer, Labor Day, is just days away and school is starting soon. This is my favorite time of the year. It's like a second "New Year's," a time to make changes and to start fresh.

If you go to your favorite place to buy books and magazines, you'll no doubt notice that the September issues of Vogue, Elle, Glamour, Lucky, Allure, etc. are all massive. They're loaded with advertisements and articles about the coming season. It's my philosophy that true fashion only happens in fall and winter.

So now that the fall season is just about here, I have been slowly getting new products to update my look. Here's what I'm picking up now to get ready for my fall look
  • Shine busters. Like many of you, I have combination skin. As the day goes on, my T-zone and chin get greasier than other parts of my face, and that oil build up means shine and foundation slippage. The way to stop it? Shine blockers like Philosophy's Never Let Them See You Shine, Sephora's Anti-Shine Primer, or Smashbox's Photo Finish.
  • Gray eyeshadow. I have used shadows in the brown family for years. This fall, I am going to shake things up and use black eyeliner and gray eyeshadow. Try NARS Eye Duo in Pandora or Paris or one of Sephora's many eyeshadow palettes.
  • Darker lips. Bye bye summertime shine, hello autumn seduction! Lips are going to be dark this year. I'm loving NARS Lipstick in Flair and Smashbox's Lovely Wicked. Yum!
  • Clean brushes! I am terrible about cleaning out my makeup brushes. Even though I know I need to clean them regularly, I often forget. Time to bust out my Sephora brush cleaner and get to work....and you should do the same!
Of course, with a new season coming, I am also feeling the need to drastically change my hair. That's a scary thought, but I want to do something with this mop on my head! I've had long, blonde hair for as long as I can remember...I just don't know how far I want to push it.

Are you making any plans to change your look for the new season? If so, let me know what you're planning on doing.

Blog Archive