Oh Ricky You're So Fine!

I am hopeless when it comes to styling my hair. I usually just wear it down or, if I'm feeling the need for a change, I throw it into a quick pony tail. When I was a kid I did ballet which meant my hair was often pulled tightly into buns and shellacked in place or it was put into pretty little braids with bows that matched my outfits. I was too precious. Maybe bad memories of crazy hair styles has resulted in a mental block of sorts: I am unskilled in hair styling because I had so much hair trauma as a child. Sounds about right.

But how your hair looks is important. It's a fashion statement that can make or break a look. So how best to style it? Ricky's NYC, the beauty shop in the Big Apple that Harper's Bazaar refers to as a "beauty utopia" has hair products/accessories to help you look your best...and at a reasonable price!

For the greasy hair days: Cover up the roots with one of Ricky’s Care Wide Head bands. They come in a bunch of nice neutral colors, and they will only set you back $3.99. For a more dramatic look (or for longer roots) try one of Ricky’s Care Feather Weight Headbands, also $3.99.

For the last minute invite from your ex: Give your volume a bit of a boost with Ricky’s Care 3” Ceramic Rollers ($3.99 for 3). To secure their grip support Use Ricky’s Stainless Duckbill Clips ($4.99 for 6).

For the Gym (or for going the grocery store in your gym outfit): Pin your bangs back with a Rubberized Snap Clip ($4.99 for 4), or Rubberized Butterfly Clips ($4.99 for 3). Both of these come in snappy colors like Silver, Gold, Navy, Brown, & Black.

For the days you want to try something new: How about wearing your hair up in a sophisticated chignon? Do it with the help of Ricky’s Care U-Pins which come in colors to match your hair. ($2.99 for 30). Or maybe you want to new twist on an old ponytail? Do it with Ricky’s Care Bungee cords, which wrap seamlessly into your hair. ($3.99 for 4).

Ricky's products give you good quality for a small price. If you're interested in any of these products, check out their website and call 877-5RickyCare to place an order.

Blog Archive