Beauty Product of the Week: Nail Patch

What is it? Sephora's Nail Patches are "colorful, long wearing stickers for the nails. Sephora Brand Nail Patches make it easy to be glamorous. The colorful strips add shine and brilliance to nails, with zero drying time or smudging so you can stop using brush applicators and worrying about polish that runs or spreads unevenly and takes a long time to dry. Just stick on the patches and go--it's that easy. Select the appropriate size for your nail, pull off the clear protective strip, and place the rounded side at the nail base. Smooth onto the nail surface, and remove the surplus by folding the nail sticker under the nail. The excess easily tears away. Remove the nail patch with traditional nail polish remover." Available at Sephora for $10.

What did you think? I don't mind doing my nails at home, but I don't like waiting for what seems like endless minutes as each layer dries. Nail patches sound like such a great answer. You just stick them on your nails and viola! perfect nails.

Here's what I like about this product: the color is perfection. I used the Absolute Pink and ended up with shiny, light pink nails in one step.

Now, here's what I don't like:
  1. The cost. $10 gets you only one manicure. You get 16 nail patches in a kit...what a weird number. 16? Why? I can get a whole bottle of high end nail polish (like OPI) for less than $10, and that bottle will get me countless manis and pedis. $10 for an at-home mani is a bit spendy.
  2. The application. I found it difficult to select the right size for my nails. Then there were too many layers to peel away to get the color out and ready to go. Putting the sticker on my nails wasn't as hard as I thought it might be, but I did mess up two nails when I had to rely on my left hand for application.
  3. The wear. The nail patches are supposed to last up to 11 days (yet another weird number), but after day three I noticed chips and areas where the color was peeling away.
The final verdict? Unless you have a lot of money to spend and are an expert at applying decals, this is a pass. I would not recommend this product in it's current incarnation.

Blog Archive