L'oreal Hip Balms and Milani Crystal Gloss--Budget Friendly Alternatives-Part 2

Here goes the second part. I love most Milani products, I haven't been dissapointed with those I've tried. The last products I bought have been the Crystal Glosses. I really REALLY like them. =D

Product Name:
Milani Crystal Gloss for Lips
Shades I bought: Secret, Taboo and Summer Baby
Price: $3.79 at most drugstores
Official Description: As described in Milani's Website: "The ultimate in brilliance! Micro-crystal formula intensifies light reflection and plays with color to give lips maximum impact shine. Lips are soft, supple and as smooth as glass and the highly polished shine gives lips dazzling dimension. Available in 12 ultra-shiny shades."
Does it rocks my world?: Yes!

Ok, this glosses are pretty amazing. The shades I bought are so beautiful and I had a good surprise: they are quite pigmented. The colors show on my pigmented lips so well and so shiny, I am really impressed. Some say Secret (a very pale kinda porcelain peachy pink?) is a dupe for MAC's C-Thru Lipglass. I wouldn't know, I don't have it but I love to use it over neutral color lipsticks. Summer Baby and Taboo are of a pinkish mauve color with the difference that Summer Baby has more of a gold shimmers than Taboo. I think those two are the the best colors of the Crystal Glosses, but overall all of them are great.

About staying power, they also get an A. I use this glosses over regula lipstick, my MAC Prep+Prime for Lips or over my Carmex Lip Balm. The colors stay for a good 2 hours (alone) without having to reapply and of course my lips don't get dry. I guess they could last longer, I just love to reapply LOL!!!

They area so affordable, I am seriously thinking of getting them all. ;)

Rating: 5/5

Here are some swatches of the products. Click pics to enlarge.

Left to right: Summer baby, Taboo, Secret


From the top, clockwise: Summer Baby, Taboo


Summer Baby



SB-Indoors



SB-Outdoors



SB-Outdoors


Taboo


Taboo-Indoors
-->You can notice less gold shimmer


Taboo-Indoors



Taboo-Outdoors


Secret


Secret over Maybelline's G-100 Lipstick* -- Indoors



Secret over Maybelline's G-100 Lipstick -- Indoors


Secret over Maybelline's G-100 Lipstick -- Outdoors


*Maybelline's Chestnut L/S is basically my natural lip color

Hope you find these past reviews helpful. Let me know what you think!


Vivan, RĂ­an y Amen!
(Live, Love & Laugh!)





Blog Archive