Why So Serious(ly Expensive)?

As a beauty blogger, I try to test out products from all different price levels. One week I'll review a $24 lipstick and the next I'll sing the praises of a $4 mascara. I am not a beauty snob...well...not really any way!

For whatever reason, there are a few products I refuse to try, simply because I think that cost too much. Here's my off limits list:
  • Anything from Fusion Beauty. Their lip products are supposed to plump your lips and make them look good. They supposedly blend together the latest, greatest technologies and breakthroughs to make amazing products. But lip gloss for $49 a tube? No thanks! I actually tried a sample of LipFusion and was not overly impressed. I think Maybelline Volume XL Lip Seduction gave me better results, more color options, and left far more money in my wallet.
  • GoSMILE Products. I got a sample of GoSMILE's whitening ampules earlier this year and was very impressed with the results I experienced. However, I haven't bought anything from GoSMILE because I just can't find it in my to cough up the $90 for their teeth whitening system. Maybe I'm just being cheap. Who knows!
  • StriVectin. Apparently StriVectin products can turn back the hands of time, reducing wrinkles and building up collagen. I will never know what StriVectin can do because I refuse to pay $135 to find out. I think I'll just stick with my Olay products!
Those items are my three "too expensive to review" products. However, my opinion can be changed. If you have tried any of these products, leave me a comment and let me know what your thoughts are. What products are you too cheap to try? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Blog Archive