Beauty Product of the Week: Brow Pen

What is it? Anastasia's new Brow Pen, "is a long-wearing, soft-tipped brow pen. It glides on easily, clinging to both skin and hair, for a lush and natural look. Use it as a base to increase your current brow makeup's staying power or to fill in sparse areas for a fuller look. It dries quickly, lasts all day, and its water-based formula is easily removed with soap and water." Hitting the markets now (or soon!) in a universal shade for $21.00.

What did you think? Being blonde, I am always a little nervous about how brow pencils and other brow products will look with my fair complexion. That said, I--like most people--have some spotty areas in my eyebrows that require a bit of filling.

The Brow Pen lightly filled in the spaces in my brows, making them look fuller and much better. Anastasia Brow Pen did not give me an overdone look. My brows looked very natural after using the Brow Pen.

Here's a trick I've found when using this product: to make it look it's best, apply the Brow Pen while standing back a bit from a mirror. If you are too close to the mirror, you may end up overfilling certain areas which could give you look that is too dark.

Unlike some other products I've used, the Brow Pen does not slip or smudge and it feels so light that you'll forget you even have it on.

Final verdict? I love this product and have added it to my daily beauty routine! If you can only afford to buy one Anastasia product, this should be the one. It's so easy to use and the results are subtle yet so dynamic. Your brows will look fuller and more shapely without noticeable lines you sometimes get from brow pencils. And the universal brow color means you don't have to worry about picking the right--or wrong--shade. Perfect!

Blog Archive