Nails for Fall

Though it may still be hot and muggy where you are, summer's days are numbered (that makes me so happy!). Earlier this week, I told you about Sephora's picks for the fall and now it's time to focus on what the two nail giants, OPI and Essie, have planned for the coming season.

But before I begin, I am going to make a bold prediction and say that we are going to see our share of purple this fall and winter, in nails, purses, shoes, and other accessories. I could be totally wrong about this...we'll have to wait and see.

OPI LA COLLECTION DE FRANCE
OPI always takes inspiration from international locations. In recent years, OPI has had collections from India, Australia, and Russia among others. Now it's France's turn to grace our fingertips! The colors are beautiful (as always with OPI). Here's what they're offering for fall/winter 08:
  • Louvre Me Louvre Me Not: described as a royal purple
  • Parlez-Vous OPI?: A smoky violet
  • You Don't Know Jacques: a deep, rich taupe
  • Tickle Me France-Y: a "naughty" nude
  • Bastille My Heart: shiny, red burgundy
  • I'm Fondue of You: yummy milky chocolate shade
  • A Ouibit of Red: classic red
  • We'll Always Have Paris: a seductively dark coffee polish
  • Eiffel For This Color: dark, shimmery wine
  • Baugette Me Not: cinnamon-y pink
  • Crepes Suzi-ette: golden caramel
  • Yes...I Can Can!: a jeweled eggplant hue
Click here to see all your color choices. My favorites from this collection? Louvre Me Louvre Me Not, We'll Always Have Paris, and Baugette Me Not.

ESSIE FALL 08 COLLECTION
Essie is offering six new shades for autumn, all available in a handy pack (one stop shopping! Love that!). Here are their shades:
  • Lacy Not Racy: velvety burgundy
  • Forever Young: fiery "tango" red
  • Big Spender: a lush violet-red
  • No Boundaries: a juicy plum
  • Swept Off My Feet: a dusky rose
  • Tomboy No More: rich red currant
Click here to see Essie's collection. My favorites? Lacy Not Racy and Tomboy No More.

I, for one, can't wait for all the deep, rich, dark shades of fall/winter. To me, fall colors always seem so romantic and vintage. Fall is my favorite season and I'm thrilled that it's just around the corner!

Blog Archive